Main Point: This morning, God wants to impart FIERY FAITH to FEARFUL FOLLOWERS…He wants to season your faith with a fresh encounter.
Trails of Suffering Lead to Joy
1 Peter 1:6 (NLT)
“So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is begin tested as fire tests and purifies gold- though your faith is more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world”
Joy: Full of joy, leaping with joy and jumping in celebration
Trials: Lupeo- grief, deep sorrow, pain and suffering. Intense as in the pain of childbirth
“I will exalt you, LORD, for you rescued me. You refused to let my enemies triumph over me. O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you restored my health. You brought me up from the grave, O LORD. You kept me from falling into the pit of death. Sing to the LORD, all you godly ones! Praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.”
- Whether I am sick, dying or dead, you restore, you resurrect, and you restrain me…whether I am in a bed, in a grave or on the edge, you come to my rescue
- If you are in the most difficult season of your life, praise Him. If you cannot see the morning, praise Him. If you are in a dark place, praise Him…He is bringing you into a new season this morning.
- Faith is like gold, without fire, there is no purification
- Without fire, there is no refinement
Encounters with Jesus Lead to Fiery Faith
- Jesus Christ is revealed when you endure great trials and tribulations
“Look Nebuchadnezzar shouted. I see four men, unbound, walking around in the fire unharmed! And the fourth looks like a god!”
- Jesus enters our trial and he unties us: in other words, you are no longer “bound by the trial”- the trial may still “appear to be a fiery trial” but you have been unbound in it
- Fiery faith is the kind of faith that endures trials and tribulations
ENDURANCE does not mean ENJOYMENT- you are not going to enjoy the trial!
It isn’t fun, FAITH ISN’T FUN, FAITH DOESN’T MEAN YOU WILL NOT FEAR…
His Righteousness Leads to Genuine Faith
“Therefore, since we have been made right (justified) in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
- You have been ‘made right’ in God’s sight by “faith”- in other words, you cannot make yourself right or “righteous”
- Jesus paid the price so that you could live a life worthy of His calling and worthy of His death on the cross for you
- “We have peace because of what Jesus did for us.” If you don’t have peace with who you are, you have not come to a place of accepting what Jesus did for you- Jesus did not pay for junk…He paid for refined precious gold- you are the refined and precious gold
“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”
- Endurance produces character and character produces hope of salvation: the hope of salvation is that God loves us
- Faith is not defined as blind belief; faith is endurance, character and hope.
Only a Shield of Faith can extinguish the Fiery Darts of the Enemy!
December 9, 2018
December 2, 2018
November 25, 2018
November 21, 2018
November 11, 2018
November 4, 2018
October 28, 2018
October 21, 2018
October 14, 2018
October 7, 2018
September 30, 2018
September 23, 2018