Main Point: If you never begin to live the resurrected life, you will spend your whole life visiting the grave of your old self
We are righteous by His Nature
Righteousness: Judicial Approval, Justice, Divine Approval from God
So, how can I be seen as righteous before an Almighty God?
“the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe”
- Righteousness cannot be earned, it can only be given…it is given as a response to FAITH, not a lifetime of RELIGION
- Our righteousness is by nature His righteousness
- Again, this is the Divine Exchange- He wears our sin so we can wear His righteousness
We are justified by His Nature
Justified: to render innocent
So, how can I be seen as innocent before an Almighty God?
- You have been made innocent by Faith
- When I surrendered my life to Him…I received the innocence of Jesus in exchange for my sin
Romans 5:1 (ESV)
“Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
“Our faith in Jesus transfers God’s righteousness to us and He now declares us flawless” (Passion)
- Therefore, SINCE we have been justified by faith, WE HAVE PEACE with God- there is peace between you and God, Jesus has brought reconciliation to your relationship with God…basically, He ain’t mad at ya!!!
- Now, when you come to God, who is pure and holy, you are seen through the lens of the cross
- Let’s take this one step further…We are also RE-CREATED TO BE like Jesus
- You have to get this into your head, “you are dead”
- The “you” that you think you are is dead
- Your old self, old man, old woman…is DEAD!
“We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.”
- The punishment for sin was Jesus dying on the cross
- The punishment for your sin was Jesus, acting as you, dying on the cross
- Your sin is nothing but a has been
- You are not a slave to any sin, you only think you are
He is Alive in You
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
- Remember your funeral a few minutes ago, I have good news, you are now in the maternity ward because you have been reborn
- Jesus Christ lives in you- your old self with your old issues is not alive- it’s on the cross, it’s in the grave, don’t be a grave robber
- Christ lives in me- is there any issue I am dealing with that He cannot deal with…no!
- When the enemy says, “you cannot be healed” just remind him that Christ lives in you
- When the enemy says, “you can’t do this” just remind him that Christ lives in you
2 Corinthians 13:5
“Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!”
- This verse is a weapon of warfare- so, the question is? Do you believe it? You might HAVE FAITH but are you IN THE FAITH?
- Examine and Test yourselves- this is an internal process of contemplating “AM I IN THE FAITH?”
- Being “in the faith” is realizing that “Jesus Christ is in you” and “you are in Him”
- Having faith and living in the faith are different
Romans 8:29, 30
“For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers.
- You were not “predestined to try to conform to Jesus”
- You were “predestined to be conformed”
- You are created to be conformed to the likeness of Jesus
- You have the spiritual DNA of Jesus
- When you became a Christian, God activated the likeness of Jesus in your life- you received a new DNA- Divine Nature Activated
DNA – self-replicating material present in nearly all living organisms as the main constituent of chromosomes. It is the carrier of genetic information.
January 20, 2019
January 13, 2019
January 6, 2019
December 30, 2018
December 9, 2018
December 2, 2018
November 25, 2018
November 21, 2018
November 11, 2018
November 4, 2018
October 28, 2018
October 14, 2018