Reach, Restore, Release – Vision Sunday
Reach Restore Release
May 5, 2019 | Pastor Joel Conti
Northside Vision: “To be a loving community that reaches, restores and releases every person to expand God’s Kingdom”
Two main aspects of fulfilling vision:
- Core Culture
Culture: Seeds that are Reproduced: “Attitudes and behaviour characteristic of a particular people”
Core Culture is “who” we are, “what” we expect and “why” we do what we do. It is our DNA and our operating system.
- Culture of Honour: Honour affirms value (Romans 12:10)
“Be devoted to one another in love. Outdo one another in showing honour.” Romans 12:10 ESV
“Everyone will know you are my disciples if you love (Philia) one another” John 13:35 NIV
At Northside Church, it is important that we cultivate and develop a Culture of Honour. We honour one another in how we talk to one another, in how we work with one another and in how we talk about one another to others. When we support and care for one another, with honour, at all times the whole body will be healthy.
- Culture of Feedback: Growth is lifelong (Proverbs 15:31)
“He who listens to life-giving correction will be at home among the wise”
At Northside Church, we embrace a Culture of Feedback which means you should expect accountability, correction and guidance as you serve.
- Culture of Miracles: “Nothing is impossible for Him”
(Luke 1:37, Matt 10:8)
“For nothing will be impossible with God.” Luke 1:37 NASB
“Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay” Matthew 10:8 ESV
At Northside Church, we expect God to move in supernatural ways. He speaks through prophecy, restores through healing and brings wholeness through deliverance. We believe that “Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8) and we expect to see Him work in and through us with every gift of the Holy Spirit.
- Culture of Worship: Worship is a Lifestyle (Psalm 22:3)
“Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel” – as you worship God, you build a throne for God to sit on Psalm 22:3 NLT
At Northside Church we encounter God in Worship. His Word declares that He is “enthroned on the praises of His people.” Hosting God’s presence in worship is a priority for our gatherings. We also encourage freedom of expression during worship.
- Culture of Serving: Serving is not above or beneath anyone (Matthew 23:11)
“The greatest among you will be your servant” Matthew 23:11 NIV
At Northside Church, we believe that every person is anointed for a divine appointment. Each person is called to serve God within the Body of Christ. We are servers and warriors. We serve each another and we fight for each another.
There Is More
“Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone. In Him the whole building is fitted together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord. And in Him you too are being built together into a dwelling place for God in His Spirit.” Ephesians 2:19-22 BSB
Reach: We will continue reaching the unreached in our community and around the world (Matthew 28:18,19)
- Coffee Shop
- Our Upper Room (smaller sanctuary) will also be used to REACH our community
- Our Upper Room will also be used for additional church plants to expand God’s Kingdom.
- Expanding the foyer will help newcomers feel welcome and not “cramped” and “crowded” on a Sunday morning
- Moving all our staff offices downstairs will help us to honour parents by having the nursery upstairs, just inside the main entrance
Restore: We will continue restoring and healing every area of one’s life (Romans 12:2 & Matthew 10:8)
- Additional office space in the basement will be used for counselling.
- Through reconfiguring the basement, we will have two additional classrooms that will be utilized for our growing children’s ministry.
- Our vision is to host large ministry conferences, which require a larger lobby as well as space for ‘break out sessions” and the additional ministry space in the basement and the Upper Room will allow for these needs.
Release: We will continue releasing every individual in the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- School of Ministry
- School of Worship
- Multi-Media Studio
July 14, 2019
July 7, 2019
June 30, 2019
June 23, 2019
June 16, 2019
June 9, 2019
June 2, 2019
May 29, 2019
May 19, 2019
May 12, 2019
April 21, 2019
April 14, 2019