Declaration: I will continue to serve those around me. I will live with a holy curiosity for the things of God. I will commit to being unmasked and seen by those around me.
- Serving is the path to greatness
Mark 9: 33-37 ESV
“And they came to Capernaum. And when he was in the house he asked them, “What were you discussing on the way?” But they kept silent, for on the way they had argued with one another about who was the greatest. And he sat down and called the twelve. And he said to them, “If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.” And he took a child and put him in the midst of them, and taking him in his arms, he said to them, “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me.”
- Remember that you are first a child, long before you became a father…and your entire life is spent as a child of God
- Remember that the path to true greatness is through serving and suffering for Christ
- Stay curious throughout your life
Mark 10:13-16 ESV
“And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.”
- “To Such:” some translations say “to those” – the point is that the Kingdom of God belongs, is possessed, is received, is entered into by children
- I want to take on new challenges, lead my family in exciting new adventures
- I want to pursue God with a continual curiosity
- I don’t want to be comfortable; I want to be curious
Proverbs 25:2 ESV
“It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out.”
Curiosity gives birth to Faith and Faith gives birth to Works
- The curiosity of the world will lead them to Jesus
Romans 8:18,19 and 22 ESV
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
- Creation waits for you to be excavated, for you to be found, for Christ to be revealed in you
- Now, imagine we birthed new spiritual habits…imagine we purposed in our hearts to allow people around us that don’t know Jesus to “excavate” our lives
- Instead of being MASKED and hidden, you would be DE-MASKED and seen: You would be EXCAVATED and REVEAL Jesus to the world around you
3 things I leave you with:
- Keep being great servants and you will achieve greatness as a result
- Stay curious your entire life and you will see new things
- Allow people to excavate your life…they will find Jesus in you
I bless you to continue serving toward greatness. I bless you with a holy curiosity for the things of God. I bless you with NEW THINGS as you walk UNMASKED and SEEN.