April 2019 | Northside Young Adults
Northside’s Young Adult Group is partnering with His Call Church this April in local outreach and missions. A team of 9 from Northside will go serve alongside His Call Church in Nagoya, Japan in campus outreach, worship, prayer, and relationship building! All this in order to see God increase in a nation that needs Him desperately.
Gabi Short, Jake Low, Alex Brown, Max Brown, Titus Calderbank, Keaton Roberts, Sharon Kim, Akiko Lim,
Pastor Greg Nelson
Current state of Christianity in Japan:
% Identify as Christians
% of Pastors over age of 50
Most populous country in world
The Back Story
Japan is the 12th most populous country in the world and has a booming economy. Everyone wears a smile and greets you with an “Kon’nichiwa”.
But, when you look beneath the surface, you find a people group that lacks hope and joy. For the average Japanese person, 80 hours of unpaid overtime is required a month. For this reason, they have one of the highest suicide rates in the World.
Japan is also in a critical situation when it comes to the gospel. Only 1% of Japanese identify as Christian. And of that 1%, -0.04% are evangelical. That is a yearly downward trend on Christians and churches sharing the gospel. Another alarming statistic is that of all the pastors in Japan, 75% are over the ago of 50. Christianity is decreasing in Japan, not growing.
But there is Hope.
His Call Church in Nagoya, Japan is seeing significant growth in attendance and salvations. Situated amidst 18 universites and colleges in the heart of Nagoya, His Call is proud to have 80% of it’s church under the age of 30. They have a four-year Bible College that is geared towards not just raising disciples, but raising pastors to church plant all over Japan.
Northside’s Young Adult Group is partnering with His Call Church this April in local outreach and missions. A team of 9 from Northside will go serve alongside His Call Church in campus outreach, worship, prayer, and relationship building! All this in order to see God increase in a nation that needs Him desperately.
Become a Sponsor. Give Today.
- Unity in the team
- Safe and favorable travel
- Ease of cultural/language barriers (translators, food, living conditions)
- Lifelong partnerships/friendships with HisCall and Japanese
- Programming of events and outreach in Japan
- That God will go ahead of us and soften the hearts of those we encounter with the love of Jesus
- divine wisdom, visions and words of knowledge for our team when ministering to students.
- To connect with bold/confident approach and they would be responsive
- Japanese students to be responsive with softened hearts to hear the gospel. Japanese people can be very shy/timid and out of politeness just to say yes and agree with you
- Good communication with or without translation
- Ongoing success in the spiritual realm for His Call church
- More young college age students to join HisCall Bible College (a ministry school made for church planters).
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Have questions? Want to stay up to date? Send the team a message!